Why won't my baby take the pacifier anymore?

he's only 3 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my oldest did that she stopped at 3m never took it again
    Anonymous

• its a good thing..dont try to get him to take it again bc it will be one more thing you have to break
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The problem with that would be? lol. My son wont take one hardly at all but thats fine with my since I had one til I was almost 7 I was afraid I was going to have a hell of a time with him. But I got lucky. Is it that you think he needs to have one? If so try only giving him on when he sleeps. Then he will associate it with sleeping and sleeping only. That way if he does take to it you may have an easier time getting him to not take one when the time comes. But honestly your baby doesnt have to have a pacifier to be a baby. He may just not want it and thats completely ok.
    Anonymous

• Lucky you :). MY oldest never really took one. My youngest......till she was about 18 months. My niece......we thought would go to kindergarten with hers. Dont know a good thing :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i dont see the problem i would be grateful he broke himself at a early age. My son was a Binkie baby and wouldnt give his up we finally had to just take it from him at 18months. Im thinking that we wont use one this time at all. I dont want the hassle of them.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh, good, I thought I was the only one...my son is10 1/2 weeks old and he just recently stopped taking his pacifier...if I try giving it to him, he just plays with it for the most part and spits it out...only last week he was taking it just fine, now...it's like he's never had one...
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 4:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thats great, your baby self-weaned off the bugger.

My oldest did that at 4 mths, spit it out and never wanted it again.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• you should be happy about it ;) do you know how many moms are trying to get the baby off the pacifier?!

Our DD, thank god, never used a binky.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In a lot of ways it's a good thing! No battle to take it away later. My son stopped taking his around 2 months. Sometimes I wish he would take it, because it might help him soothe.... but at least I don't have to take it away later.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son is 3 months old and stopped taking his a month ago or a little more. Now he just chews on his thumb or fist...he's teething though....but he does suck on his thumb when he is upset
    kayjay8806

Answer by kayjay8806 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2009