What could be wrong?

My one year old has been crying almost all day... she stopped for about an hour earlier. She isn't running fever, she is pooping, and I have checked everything to make sure she hasn't hurt herself, she looks perfectly fine but just won't stop crying. Everytime she starts to fall asleep she wakes right back up. I've called her doctor and they have absolutly no appointments right now. What could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could she be teething? she may not feel good (even without a fever) maybe you should try giving her some tylenol and see if that helps
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It sounds like it could be an ear infection. When they lay down the pressure builds behind the ear and it is extremely painful. It can hurt other times too, but this is the most painful.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I've given her tylenol and put teething medicine on her gums and it hasn't helped. I feel so bad, I should be able to make her feel better. I gave her gas medicine too and that hasn't helped either.

Maybe an ear infection but I haven't really laid her down I've been holding her all day, upright trying to let her rest on my shoulder. I just don't know what to do. I know if she is still like this later I'm taking her to the hospital as much as I hate our hospital
    Anonymous

• Tylenol didn't work for my son. I had to use MOTRIN for children.. Also although they may be pooping they may still have gas built up did you check to see how hard their belly was?
    Ambz

Answer by Ambz at 4:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• and thats really all you can do momma. good luck to you and i hope your little one feels better
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I do the whole tylenol then 4 hours later motrin, dr told me to do that this morning. Her belly isn't hard and her poop has been soft.
    Anonymous

• Holding her up might not help an ear infection, especially if she's had it for awhile. I'd have her checked. Something is hurting, and you've done all you can at home! Motrin works much better for my kids than Tylenol. But it never helped an earache. Those really hurt!
    My oldest son would get this horrible breath when he had an ear ache. I can only describe it as "dead fish". You might smell her breath to see if it smells infected. But even if it doesn't, she could still have an earache.
    Junecleo

Answer by Junecleo at 4:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my daughter is 14/months 2 months ago there were 2 days she cried and clung to me on and off all day. Then 2 weeks later 3 new teeth popped in! I had her nana come over having company snapped her out of it for a little while.
    hd147

Answer by hd147 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She acting ok now, she's playing with her daddy. I mentioned taking her to the hospital and she seemed to snap out. I'm hoping maybe just a bad day.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes they just get clingy. Glad shes better.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009