help! little girl refuses to go on the pody

my daughter is go to be 3 in less then three months and she was doing very good at the poddy traing but the past 2 weeks she will not go when i take her to the bathroom and when she goes down for nap time she takes the pull up off and pees in her bed. i have tried everything rewards, naughty chair,the pody chat, movies asking the doctor. please moms do u have any ideas for me?

dbosmomma1

Asked by dbosmomma1 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A one piece outfit at nap time so she can't get to the pull up. Duct tape over the rip-off sides on the pull up.
    OR
    Make her change the bed. Not as punishment but just to teach her that she is now old enough to take responsiblity for her own messes and clean them up with some help.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• NO naughty chair...you don't want to turn this into a negative experience! She might just not be quite ready. Make it a non-issue for a couple of weeks and then try again. All of my kids have potty trained a little later than I'd have liked, (all of them about 3 years and a couple of months) but when they did, they went 100% day and night within a week. When they're really ready, it's usually pretty easy!
    I also personally think pull-ups just make things harder. They are too much like underwear and don't give as much of a motivation not to use them as diapers do. I had a niece still wearing them to bed at age 6, and she even told me that she could just lay in bed and pee in them and not have to get up and go to the bathroom. We skipped the pull-ups and went straight from diapers to underwear.
    Junecleo

Answer by Junecleo at 4:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well I am a mother of 4 girls and one boy.What I did with my girls (they were potty ready at 1 1/2 years old).I let they stay just with undewears and once I took the diapers of I never used anymore.
    let her tell you when she feels like going and then take her.Let her go for a nap without the pull up
    and remind her to go pipi before go to bed ,
    yakisoba

Answer by yakisoba at 6:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• As my doc said she will go when she is ready. My little girl was about the same age got sick and bam no more she did not want to think about going to the potty at all she would pee in her pull up an I was so upset for almost a month she was doing great and now back to square one. Winter happened and she learned how cold it i cut out the pullups and told her this was it about a week before her 3rd bday she was ready and great since. They will go when they are ready. All three of my kids were different.
    laralizbeth81

Answer by laralizbeth81 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2009