Will we get back together and how do I am make it more likely?

My longtime boyfriend, over ten years, said he wants to be separated. I took it well at first but then I panicked, became angry, upset and cried alot. We've argued and I've begged and also been understanding. At the same time he wasn't clear at first. First he said I don't want to be with you anymore then he said he wants to be separated. He's nice than he's really mean and angry. We have a kid. What do I do to get him to come home? Do most people who separate end the relationship? How long should I wait or let him do this before I tell him he has to take his stuff and I have to move on. He ignores 90 percent of my calls. And when he says he'll call back he doesn't. Doesn't he miss his kid? He said if I force him to decide now then he doesn't want to be together. I'm left with no money, no rent and no car.He says he needs time to think about what he wants for his life. Please advice and tips appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2012 in Relationships

• You didn't mention the word love in the entire post :(
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• Contact a local shelter. You didn't have a clue this was a possibility?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• I would say if you want a chance back off, although if a man left me and my child homeless and moneyless he would be the last person Id let in my life again

and - what Feral said
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• Wow unhelpful uncomforting feralxat and adnilm responses. I love him with all my heart. And he loves me or so he has said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• Really? You want to do this?

Let's review:
    he wants to be separated
    he said I don't want to be with you anymore
    he said he wants to be separated.
    He ignores 90 percent of my calls
    he says he'll call back he doesn't.

Then from you- this part is awesome!
    I'm left with no money, no rent and no car.

Again- there's no love- only concern over material items.
    Backtrack if you want but this relationship is over. He's done with you and adnilm gave a helpful answer based on the provided information.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• ^^^ what feral said....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• I have to agree with feral and adnilm. He's making it pretty damn clear that he's done. It sounds like he might be trying to be nice by saying "separated" when what he really means is "I'm done". And any man who leaves you and the child you share with no money, car, etc. - why would you want someone who could do that?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2012

• He said if you push him, you will not like the response you get. I think he is ready to leave the relationship, so YOU need to get some sort of order in place for child support. Do what you can to avoid having your child suffer from adult issues.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2012