How often should I wash my bras!?

I read the question about how often you wash clothes and I was thinking... I dont wash my bras and jeans after every wear.... Once a week usually. Should I wash my bras more often!?

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 4:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At least every other day due to body oils that may collect,or every day if your sweating more or just get it dirty in general.
    I talked to friend's about this and 8 out of 9 do this..
    Interesting question,thanks for asking.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I say at the same time you was the rest of your cloths is good.

Answer by louise2 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thats about how often I wash mine too. I prob wear them about 2 or 3 times a week cause I don't wear the same one everyday.
    Anonymous

• Probably every day since they are right next to the skin. Especially if I exercise I wash them every day. If I don't get much exercise, I may let it go an extra day.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You have to handwash bras! you cant throw them in with laundry! And yes, I wear 3 different bras the most so like 2-3 times a week
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 4:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I do the same thing i wash them once a week or sooner if they need it,( if I have been doing something really dirty). Your breasts actually make an antibacterial substance(refer to breastfeeding for more info). so as long as you keep yourself clean. I dont think its a big deal.
    breasts are probly the cleanest part of a womans body.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 4:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I wash mine every time I wear them..but I use woolite and I never put them in the drier its very hard on the elastic. Bras are so danged spendy.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You can put them in the washer,, on the gentle cycle. I do.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Depends on the type of bra it is, and how long I need to where it, for when it gets washed. If it's an everyday bra, wash it when you do the rest of your laundry. Only wear a sports bra once, and wash it after. Sports bras are made to be tight on your skin and sweat gets on them and can breed bacteria. I have some bras that are hand wash, or dryclean only and I only wear them with certin dresses (so almost never wear) and if it's a pain to wash, and I only wore it for a couple of hours I don't wash it. I'll wear that one a few times before I wash it, because they don't get dirty.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 4:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If it is a workout gra...after every wear. Regualr day to day...after 2-3 times I wear it unless it was hot and I got sweaty. Summer is the worst...fresh bra everyday due to heat. I never put mine in the washer. I use Delicare in the sink for all lingerie including bras and hose. I wind up paying almost $30.00 per bra..can't afford to have them torn up in the washer and dryer.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009