Feeling kind of guitly

Ok, so I broke up with my BF a few days ago and I feel great about it!! LOL! But I feel bad cause I am 5 months prego. I feel like I should want to work it out and fix things, but I don't. I am so unhappy with him. He is the most miserable person I have ever been with. His mood swings are crazy and he is so selfish I don't know how he is going to be a father. Have any of you broken up with your SO mid pregnancy? How did it turn out in the long run and how did you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh, this sounds like me, dear. I was seven months prego and left the state! In my case my "BF" cheated on my twice and didn't want anything to do with me, and I felt it was better to be with family and be wanted and loved...it is so important to be with those that care and love you no matter what especially when you're about to have a baby...I didn't want to necessarily leave sometimes, but in the end it worked out so much better. I'm with my family and they are so supportive. You don't need the added stress of him when you're planning on a baby coming soon. I was under a lot of undue stress and it caused me to have my baby early! It may not be easier at first, but in time I believe it was my best decision I could have made for me and my baby...funny thing is...the bio father basically hasn't shown any interest in our son, so I know I DEFINATELY made a great choice!
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 4:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I did and it was hard at first but it was for the same reasons you had 6 years later he still wants me back and is still crazy moody and immature. I found my hubby and he is wonderful he is a great dad to my DD and he is what I deserved all along don't settle for less. My favorite quote "someday someone will walk into your life and you'll see why it never worked out with anyone else". I hope you find the man who deserves you and your child. You can do it preggo or not hun.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 4:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yep i did this twice when i was pregnant with both my sons... Their dad was being so complicated it felt like a total releif at first but then when I was just about to have them id start really missing him and then having them without him and laying there all alone and no daddy with everyone asking where is the father?? its was the most cold and empty feeling in the world and I felt horrible!! We resolved things right after our 2nd son was born and I moved here with him shortly after and we just had a little girl!! Somtimes I think I shoulda just stuck to my guns and really ended it!! He is an asshole but......... he is my asshole and then I wouldnt have my new baby!! If your going to stay broke up if thats what really makes you happy then thats what you need to do but dont cut him out of anything that has to do with the baby like i did!! good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yep, i broke up with my youngest son's father during pregnancy, and now we are married, BUT in the process of divorce, we broke up for several reasons, and trust me, dont think someone will change just bc you marry them uh uh! aint happening
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009