how to know

how do you know if your not over your ex if its been over a year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd like to know that answer too...I broke it off with a bf because of distance mostly and I think about him and his fam and how things could have been often...
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 4:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I am sorry that both of you are sad. I guess that if the sadness is very strong then you aren't over him. If you don't feel a pulse of attraction to anyone else. That sadness may always be there, but it should be overtaken by joy at some point- happiness with your life, with fewer and fewer times of sadness and regrets.

Answer by Bmat at 4:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There will always be a part of you that loves him and the good there was when you were together. Just savor those memories but keep moving forward. Meet new men. Date, Try to enjoy life as it comes to you. If ppl used to wear black and mourn a year for a death of a person then it's reasonable to believe that it takes at least that amount of time to get over the death of a relationship that meant so much to you. The last one I had to get over took about 1- 1/2 yrs

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The fact that you're asking this question means you're not over him. I was like that with an ex once. I kept his pictures in frames, I kept tabs on him through friends... that was one phase of it. Then I completely acted out, started seeing tons of random guys, one night stands, convincing myself I wasn't missing out on anything. At that point I started to think I was over him, but i wasn't.
    It actually took my SO to get me completely over my ex. Once I realized that here was this person who *really* loved me, and takes care of me, and treats me the way I deserve to be treated, and with respect, I tore down the pics. I still have a soft spot in my heart for my ex: he was my first love, and I lost my virginity to him. But now I can look back and appreciate the good times we had without pining over them. When you can remember w/o the stabbing sensation in the middle of your chest, you'll be over him.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009