are there any like me out there?

So I just moved to a new state before my baby was born and now that it's time to find a job, I CAN'T GET ONE TO SAVE MY LIFE! Is there anyone else having a hard time too? What am I supposed to do if I can't get a job and all my savings is almost gone? I need to support my son! Oh, and I couldn't even get unemployment because they said that moving from one state to the next wasn't a good enough reason to get unemployment! That sucks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I had the same issue. I was about 6 months when i went to get a job and i did not get it. I knew the real reason when i got the rejection letter and it read "We love your experience but..." I have management skills and tons of customer service skills. IT was cause i was going to be taking off 6 weeks and they did not need that i guess. I was devastated. we had little money and my ex had quit paying support. So i quit looking. Then only to hear later on a commercial for the same company, NO EXPERIANCE REQUIRED. WILL TRAIN. I was half tempted to file a discrimination suit but decided not to do so and stress my self out. Keep trying you will find something!

YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 4:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Hey,try backpage.com or craigslist.com. I work from home,try to start your own business babysitting,house cleaner,errand running,etc. Try malls! They have stores,one has to be hiring. Did you look in the Sunday paper?
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes take whatever you can get. I know people around our town are having a hard time finding jobs. Lots of layoffs. I def. think start babysitting at home if you can and don't give up!! Something is bound to happen if you keep looking.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes, I've tried looking in the paper...I look EVERYDAY and I apply to all that I can...I couldn't even get hired on at Target and I have more than enough experience to be a cashier...I used to be a banker! I've looked on job websites and everything...but then again I live near NYC and I hear that people are leaving the city for the smaller towns....ugh...
    Anonymous

• Try Craigslist, Backpage, Monster, Careerbuilder, local papers.. keep looking, resort to retail and fast food if you have to. I know it sucks but you'll find something. You can always work at home while you're looking. http://www.howtoearnfastmoney.info
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Hello! My name is Patty. When I started WAH to be with my daughter, I was a virtual assistant. If you are looking for a job, you can go to www.elance.com. If you have any administrative experience you can put your resume on this site, plus you can bid on jobs available. This is what I did for work.
    Now I am with AmeriPlan. If you would like to work in the health care field, from home, as independent business owner with Daily Pay, Monthly Residual Income, Free Benefits Package, 401K Plan, Full Team Support, and Training, this would be a great opportunity for you. If you are interested, IM me.
    http://freedomathometeam.com/pattyqm

Best of luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I might suggest that you start your own business.  It really is easier than you think.  There are lots of great ideas and resources at www.stuffformoms.info.  There are links on that page as well to legit home based business websites so you can see just how easy there were to create.  Take a look, feel free to use those ideas for your own!

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You are better off working at home. Some daycares charge $500 a week plus the expense of going to work, you are better off looking for a good home biz opportunity. check out my scambusters post so you will know what to avoid.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Hi, How are you? I was wondering if you had ever considered selling Avon. I just started selliing it and I love it! With the economy the way it is I find that people love avon products and even though money is tight they will still go out of their way to have Avon. because it is cheap and good quality.

you can take a look at my website and see the type of products Avon offers.

www.youravon.com/amarwaha

Its only 10 dollars to start. if you are interested email me and i will be happy to send you more information.
    ajm2104

Answer by ajm2104 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2009