Any ideas for quick, easy dinners for a family of 4?

I am a busy working mom & I am looking for dinner ideas. I would love recipes that would feed the family for a couple of nights. Or ideas for make ahead meals for weeknights.

juliemoose

Asked by juliemoose at 4:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• One easy thing to do is to get a large roaster chicken. Take your roasting pan and rub olive oil on the bottom. Layer onions, carrots, and celery to make a kind of rack to hold the chicken. For the chicken itself, make an herb butter by combining softened butter with sage, parsley, thyme, salt & pepper. Rub under and on top of the skin, and inside the bird too. Take more of the onions & celery and stuff inside the bird (just chunk them up, no need to dice or anything). Add 1/2 lemon. Place chicken atop the veggies in the pan. Set oven to 450*f and roast for 20 min, then reduce heat to 350* and roast until the chicken is cooked through...anywhere from 55 min to 90 min depending on the size of the bird. You'll have a perfectly roasted bird, plus lots of really good drippings to make gravy. Then, use the left over meat to make flautas, enchiladas, or pot pie, and the carcass can be used to make soup. 3 meals, one bird!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• kraftfoods.com i love it and they are easy and soo good.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I love going to foodnetwork.com They have a recipe box and you can just save stuff. They have tons of easy things and some fantastic food. I cook almost exclusively off that site/show.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• YOU SOUND LIKE ME A BUSY WORKING MOM!! MY FAV KITCHEN TOOL THAT ALWAYS SAVES THE DAY DURING THE WEEK WHEN COOKING IS NOT ON MY TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IS MY CROCK POT. JUST ABOUT ANYTHING CAN BE MADE IN IT AND IT WILL COOK ALL DAY WHILE YOUR WORKING SO IF YOU HAVE ONE JUST GOOGLE CROCK POT RECIPES AND GO TO TOWN! MY FAVORITES ARE CHILI, POT ROAST, TENDERLOIN, BBQ, AND ALL STEWS.
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 6:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2009