Does anyone know anything about shamans or shape-shifting?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 2:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know much but isn't a Shaman a guide or a healer. If I'm not mistaken Buddhist practice shamanism.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Yeah and I believe it's a Native American practice as well. I am just curious.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Not nearly enough about either topic to be of any real help. But pretty much every culture has had shamans/healers/medicine people, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I've heard of shape-shifting but fortunately no ones ever told me I look like a tree, cat etc. LOL

But I think Shamanism is really cool and would like to know more as well. Wondering if Crafty can help with this one, if it is Native American. I'll have to check back on this one tomorrow when more people answer.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• It depends on what you want to know. I know more about shape-shifting than I do Shamanism. It is worth noting here that not all Shamans - not even all Native American Shamans - are/were shape-shifters. In fact, the practice was seen as "evil" among many tribes and those who mastered it were often outsiders who were seen as negative forces. There were, however, those tribes who saw this practice as a gift and whom embraced the shape-shifter. It's also worth pointing out that just because someone is/was a shape-shifter doesn't mean they are a Shaman.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• There was a shamanistic pagan who used to answer here regularly, but I don't think I've seen her here lately. If you search for that (under the menu to the top left that only says "new & interesting" before you let it drop down), you might find some of her older posts and her name to pm her for more info.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2012