is this true?????????

when your pregnant you can't take hot baths or warms baths or baths at all

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 4:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, that is not true.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• They warn you against going into hot tubs but you can take baths still.
    Anonymous

• Warm baths are ok.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• this is not true. You can take warm baths and hot baths (to an extent) unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
    When I was pregnant with my son, I always took hot baths, It didn't cause any harm to me or baby.
    jsmjam

Answer by jsmjam at 4:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• warm baths are ok.. in your last trimester you should not take baths that are TOO hot, because that -could- cause contractions.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Totally not true! I'm on healthy baby #5 & I haven't given up my hot baths with any of them.
    mrw37122

Answer by mrw37122 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• you cant take warm and hot baths to a extent they just wana you stay away from Hot tubs and saunas.
    Dont let yourself get over heated while in the tub and if you start to feel to warm you need to get out and cool down.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Water temperatures that are MAINTAINED at a high temp, say, above 100 degrees, can be harmful to the developing fetus. A regular bath that's not too hot is fine. Avoid hot tubs where the water temp is maintained above 100 degrees. If you start to feel really hot and like your heart rate goes up so will your baby's.
    pixiedust6810

Answer by pixiedust6810 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• your bath temp likely wont get near as high as a hot tub, so baths are pretty much safe, just keep in mind that its the temp they're warning about.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I just wanted to say to the above poster that I believe that depends on how you set your water heater. I turned mine up so I COULD make my baths that hot =]

My doctor said to stay away from hot tubs because the temp is maintained. BUT hot BATHS are ok because the water you sit in doesn't stay at that temp, it cools down. =] I love my hot baths, esp when its cold out.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009