A marines girlfriend?

I have heard bad things about marines.. It makes me scared that I shouldn't get involved with one.. Should the rumors be ignored? Can I get real input from marine wives and girlfriends?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2012 in Military

• Want rumors have you heard? I'm a marine wife
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I haven't heard any rumors but my brother in law was a marine and he is an amazing, faithful, gentlemen.
    mistyDaze76

Answer by mistyDaze76 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Take those rumars with a grain of salt. Not all military men are bad. My DH is Army, I should say was. He is retired army now. but I met him when he was a E-3/private. I met a lot of bad army guys. But he was one of the good ones.

Answer by louise2 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• A couple men in my family were and they all cheated.. Or my aunt she was married with two kids and he cheated and was violent.. I've heard that the marines can make people become more violent and a lot of them cheat. I don't want to take a chance like that when I have two sons to take care of.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Anyone can be violent and cheat. My marine was violent before he went in, the corp knocked that shit right out of him. Take the rumors & leave them at the door, get to know the person not what you've heard. Any soldier could have issues, let's be realistic their jobs are NOT easy, they are trained To kill.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I think they will only cheat if that's the kind of person they are anyway. While I could see being in the military making someone more violent (I mean, they are trained to go to war, so it makes sense that they might be more violent, and if they've actually gone to war, I could see violence maybe becoming their go-to reaction in some situations), I don't think it's going to make someone a cheater unless he/she is already inclined to be one.

As far as taking a chance with 2 sons, you're taking that chance with ANYONE you date. Anyone you meet could be violent, could cheat, could have 3 nipples. Dating is risky, you just have to take it slow, and keep your sons out of it until you feel confident the relationship is stable, secure, and going somewhere.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Well he's no stranger. Went to high school together
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Rumors about his career choice as opposed to facts about his character? No, you should not become involved with him.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I had these issues too - and let a really nice guy go because he was a Merchant Marine and I thought he had a girl at every port and it scared me. Now, I will never know - what if he was true to me - and have been left with the dreaded "What ifs" !!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2012

• I am a Marine Wife! I understand the rumors cuz I have heard them too. You can't expect every Military man will be the same! A lot of them have trouble trusting girlfriends & wives. They deploy then hear from home that there girlfriends cheating cuz they're gone. My step brother is going through a divorce right now. He deployed & his wife of 2 years decides one day out of the blue she wants a divorce. He didn't see it coming. They didn't have problems. He paid off her new car & student loans two weeks before she filed! 2 couples at our last station had a huge mess. The husband of couple #1 was sleeping with a girl from work. The wife of couple #1 was sleeping with her best friends husband from couple #2. And the wife of couple #2 was sleeping with some guy she meant at a party while drunk. Talk about sick. Same thing can happen to people who aren't military. Its more about the type of person he is! Trust your instincts!
    usmcwifey222

Answer by usmcwifey222 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2012