Elypticals or treadmills, that is the question...

Which one is the best workout for your total body? I am leaning towards elyptical, but I dont know...

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 4:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Lost 150 ounds in a year and found ellipticals work best for over all body and easier on your joints in the long run.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Ellipticals are the best in my oppinion. They are far less hard on your joints. And give a much better full body work out
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You can burn more calories and and cover more miles in a third of the time on an eliptical machine and its way easier on your body!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Whichever one you like better and will do consistently is the best. I personally get a better cardio workout on the treadmill and a better fat burning workout on the elliptical.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I disagree totally that you burn more on an elliptical. To me ellipticals are a waste. Get a good quality treadmill. You don't need to run on one to get a heck of workout: 1. Ramp it up to the full incline--notice the new Nordic machines coming out that are basically a ramped up treadmill---not the double belted thing--this one is new. 2. You can do this with it ramped or not---walking lunges and interval fitness walking. 3. Add a weight vest for even more challenge 4. Do interval training with the ramp up---lower it to do lunge walking--back up for hill climbing. NOTHING burns off the calories like a hill:-) And stairs. 5. Treadmills are so much more versatile if you know how to get the best use from them---you can do all the above without running on one:-) But this does require a very good quality treadmill:-)

BUT with any machine--you gotta USE it:-)))))

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2009