Will she ever get used to him?

Well my daughter's X is doing the visitation thing with her and my grandbaby. Grandbaby is 11 months. He has been doing this type of unsupervised visits for about 3-4 months. When he comes to get her for his 4 hour visits twice a week my grandbaby just starts whale crying... :(...... I have tested her with other men/friends/acquances and she does not do that? Does anyone know if or when she will get used to him or will she ever? Do you think she feels my daughters anger/hate/distust towards him (the X) when he comes and gets my grandbaby for his visits? It breaks my heart to see her cry like this.. It is not just a whimper it is a ball eyed cry with tears...

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could very well be picking up on the tension, babies are very perceptive, even though that may not be able to communicate it.
    I would try to just have you, and not the mom there for the exchanges, and always keep them friendly and upbeat. Maybe you could try having the daddy over for a little while and see how that goes, hopefully she can see that everything is okay.
    Best of luck to you!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• WE HAVE BEEN TELLING HIM TO COME IN AND SITE FOR ALITTLE WHILE AND PLAY WITH HER ON HER TURF FIRST BEFOR HE TAKES HER BUT STILL SHE CRIES..... I AM JUST A WORRIED GRANDMOTHER....
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• How does she act when she is with him? If she's fine after a few minutes of leaving, then it could just be the transition that is hard, like when you leave your kids with a babysitter and they cry when you leave but are happily playing shortly after.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sammygrl77--she acts a little standoffish.. When he is leaving she cries the whole time even when he puts her in the car.. He "says" tht she stops once they are down the road?? I dont know what happens after that... How do you find out without SPYING Devices??

JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009