Need more energy!! mom of 2 kids

I had a baby 09/25/08 he was born premature only weighted 1 lb 06 oz. He is doing really good and now weighs 8 lbs 20 in long. I am breastfeeding still and hope to breastfeed for a while. But I've been so tired lately and have NO NO energy to even clean my house. I'm looking for something to help me to be more active and have more energy but since I'm breastfeeding I dont think there's anything I can take that will be healthy for the baby. The only thing I've been good at lately is getting sick with the cold. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to promote energy. (fyi: my baby is still in hospotal but should be going home soon. So i visit him in the hospital twice a day and have a 3 year old daughter and work part time but used to work full time before I had my miracle baby.)

pixiedust6810

Asked by pixiedust6810 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• Congrats on the baby! What a miracle. So, you have so much going on. I would be exhausted. Excercise may help. A walk somewhere during the day. Sugar and white flour make me so tired because they make my blood sugar unstable and it's like a mid afternoon drop in energy all the time. Any chance you are depressed? So many reasons for fatigue. See the doc and get a little blood work drawn to r/o medical problems like low thyroid. If you aren't getting enough sleep, of course start with a cat nap in the afternoon and catching up by letting someone enjoy being with your three year old. That's the only way I could catch up.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• B vitamins are a natural energy boost too- so if you stopped those prenatal vitamins because you delivered, it's ok to breastfeed and still take them!!! or any other womens vitamin if you don't have prenatals still!
    ryras_mommy

Answer by ryras_mommy at 5:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• get help. sounds like you need it. and i mean help like extra people. not mental help though that might not be a bad idea
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009