Did your kids teacher do anything special?

before school began?

my son starts 2nd grade in a week and his soon-to-be teacher sent him a handwritten note, very personalized. I thought it was a sweet gesture, he felt super special.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2012 in

• They don't release the class lists until Monday... so not yet. In the past we have gotten postcards from the teachers to the kids. We don't start school until the 4th... so we'll see.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Mine are in high school but when they were in the K - 2 school they got personalized letters welcoming them to school before school started. They thought that was so cool. What kid doesn't enjoy getting real mail?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• We will meet with everyone's new teacher tomorrow so I'll let you know after that :P Usually its just a quick meet and greet and showing the kids their new classroom and where they'll sit.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• The teachers at their last school would send a letter to the child / parents letting them know some info about her (her background, experience, her hobbies and stuff).
    Last year the teachers called all of the parents the first week and said that they have 'really enjoyed getting to know *child's name* and are looking forward to a fantastic year'. They would say something specific about each child (something neat that they discussed or were excited about during the first week) so that you knew that they were paying attention to your child.
    I'm not sure what they will do this year but we didn't find out who their teachers were until Friday night and school starts tomorrow.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• No. We got a form letter from her a couple weeks before school began just saying "I'm going to be your teacher, looking forward to seeing you, blah, blah...", but that was it. On the day of school she gave all the kids a little bag with things like a pencil, an eraser, a penny, etc. with a poem explaining what each thing stood for...that was cute.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• No, just the standard school "meet the teacher night". But, they didn't place the kids though until like the day before the open house.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• The last couple of years, my son has gotten a handwritten post card in the mail. I love it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Not in this district. They didn't even find out their teachers until open house. My oldest daughter did get a picture handwritten letter from her 5th grade teacher and a pic of them together at graduation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Nope, just the standard "I'm looking forward to having you in my class' letter.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Nope
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2012