I think its called a kick count??

What is it that your supposed to use to monitor how much your baby is moving in your belly?? I know your suppose to count how many kicks each hour? But how many is it and do they need to be really defined kicks? Im curious because i have an EXTREMELY active baby and today im not feeling him move. Im thinking he may be sleeping. . But in the last hour he has only moved once and it was really weak. So i dont know if somethings wrong, if he's sleeping, or maybe even preparing to come out? Im 37 1/2 weeks along. It doesn't help that im worried because im so physically exhausted all i can do is sleep. I slept from 2am to 10am. went back to sleep at 1030 slept til 230 and now all i wanna do is sleep again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they say 10 movements a hour they dont have to be big kicks just movement in general. Try drinking something really cold like juice or ice water then lay down on your left side and start counting. im sure things are ok babies start to slow down their movement further along plus i hear they slow down right befor birth to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My baby moved so much I couldn't count how much she moved. So...I just never bothered.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my baby had a lot of hiccups mmy doctor said that if hiccuped alot then i shouldnt bother but i counted anyway. try sitting with your feet up and drink something cold or eat something sweet
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 5:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Drink something with a lot of sugar, that is what will get the movements going. Cold doesn't really necessarily affect that baby. You want a whole glass of milk or juice or something with a lot of sugar to basically give the baby a sugar high. Drink or eat it, lay down on your left side and start counting. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009