Can't get pregnant

I'm twenty five was on the pill for eight years been off for five months and still not pregnant. I feel I'm running out of time. I'm ready to start my family and it's heartbreaking every month I'm not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes it takes longer than only 5months.

Some OBs say, that after 12 months you and your partner should get some special check-ups / tests done.

But my aunt, e.g., needed 5 years.

Keep trying, dont stress yourself over it. Enjoy the sex and dont think about getting pregnant. Sounds easier than it is, i know. but the more you stress about it , the longer it will take.

i wish you good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think I was on the pill for about that long. It only took me 4 months to get pregnant, but you are still young, you have time. I would agree with the above post saying that you don't want to stress over it. Just have fun and enjoy yourself...you might just get surprised soon. ; ) Good Luck!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 5:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Wow we're similiar. I'm 299, ben trying for 5 months too and was on bc for 13 years!!!! I know how you feel and I go thru the emotional roller coaster every month. I just started a pre natal vitamin and my dr advised it b/c it helps the body prepare for pregnancy. I know before age 30 we need to try for one year before getting tests done. So good luck to you and u should let me know your progress and ill do the same !!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I was 28 when I preggers. I was on the pill for 10 years and got pregnant about 2 months after being off of it. But I know plenty of woman who it took them a long time after they got off the pill! You are only 25 your clock is not ticking yet.... you can have tests ran after you have been trying for a year I think.... a friend of mine had great luck with a fertility monitor, but you have to have sex like as soon as it says you are at your most fertile! But it did work for 2 people I know.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 5:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Unless you've gone through a thorough fertility workup and found out that your FSH is way up in the 20s range or you've been monitored and seen proof that you're not ovulating at all, you have no reason to believe that you're 'running out of time'. You're only 25. If your body is functioning normally, you have another 15-20 years left to conceive. It's nerve-wracking and frustrating to get a negative months in a row. But, in any given month, a healthy couple only has about a 20% chance of getting pregnant. At your age, I wouldn't sweat it much until you've been trying for a year at least.

Good luck! I hope your ttc journey doesn't have that much further to go!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009