Do anyone has a story to tell about how they found out they were pregnant? (mom's please respond)

im trying to get much knowledge from this site as i can because its fun being on here lol do anyone have stories to share about them finding out that they were pregnant after negative tests or u waited a month to find out...what was your signs? sorry you guys i love watching the show i didnt know i was pregnant im 18 weeks now and i just found out lol

candyapple92

Asked by candyapple92 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2012 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (-48 Credits)
  • When i found out i was pregnant, i thought I was just sick, so i went to the doctor and had to take a urine sample, and they came back and said there wasn't an infection ,, but i was pregnant. The signs that I had that kind of told me I was was that I had sore breasts, and i got morning sickness, however i didn't think anything of it because i thought i was sick.
    With my second, we were TRYING to have a baby, so we did it, and then i waited until i didn't get my period and took a test.
    And for this one, it was the same thing as the second, just we werent trying to get pregnant.

And congrats! I'm also 18 weeks along (:
    xxmarissaxx89

Answer by xxmarissaxx89 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• For my first.... I stopped the pill... charted my cycle for one month... had "relations" around the time of ovulation... period was 3 days late... took a test... it was (+)!!! No signs or symptoms other then being "late".

Same deal for my second... but it took 3 months of trying vs. the one month it took with my first.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• @xxmarisaxx i had to wait almost a month after so many negative tests my cycle came on well barely came on but i wasnt bleeding red just red and brown but it lasted a day or so i had back pain and stomach pain they said it wasnt a cyst and that i was pregnant i wanted to go choke my last doctor because they did vaginal and ultrasound that month and didnt see anything lol
    candyapple92

Comment by candyapple92 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• @crafty no symptoms gurl u lucky lol
    candyapple92

• i had no idea i was pregnant, until i was having a conversation with an ex discussing our ages and how neither of us had any children (35, 36), nor had we been close to marriage..what were the odds, eh? somewhere along the discussion, i started wondering when my last period was...couldn't remember. so he jokingly said, ''well, you better run to Walgreens!''...i did. i was. doctor confirmed i was about 9wks..not that far out, but still, i hadn't even missed missing a period! no symptoms..of course, i never had PMsymptoms, either.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• We used to have to wait until we had missed TWO PERIODS before making an appointment with a doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• ^meooma..i actually had an ultrasound scheduled for that next week(Tuesday) because of something else the obgyn thought he'd felt at my annual exam. he thought it was a cyst, and that Walgreen's trip was on the Thursday night before. lol. nothing like going from worrying about your insides and cysts to worrying about what to do with a pregnancy you didn't plan!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• DD1: Ex husband & I decided on Thanksgiving day that we were going to start trying. Dec came & went "no go". We knew it wouldn't be easy (I only have 1 working ovary) but, it hadn't been long enough to seek medical help. So, I found an online ovulation date tracker and I made my ex have sex with me everyday during my fertile time. Later, I thought my period had come but, it was light & only lasted a day. I tested 3 days later: pregnant.

DD2: My ex & I were having issues, were barely intimate so, I decided to stop taking my BC pills once my last pack was done 2/2, (thought there was no reason for them and I felt like crap on them). 2/14 (Valentine's Day), we decided to pretend like we still loved each other. Ex DH "finished" despite me telling him about stoping BC. Neither one of us thought it would be that easy. About a week later, while in Walmart I felt queasy. Bought a HPT. Tested 3 days early: pregnant.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I lost a baby in 1994 at the end of the first trimester, couldn't manage to conceive again for the next eight years, even with fertility drugs, dye tests to see if my Fallopian tubes were open; only one was. Doctor told me to move on and find something else to do with my life. Ended up getting divorced in 2002, then had one intimate afternoon with a close friend in 2008. When I missed my period I thought nothing of it because I'd been on antibiotics, which always messed up my cycle. After I missed the second period, I thought I better get to a doctor. I happened to see the same one who told me I would never conceive. She asked if there was any chance I could be pregnant; I swear I wanted to slug her. She did a test, and there it was. I had an ultrasound that showed my baby to be eleven and a half weeks along. Now she's four and a half, and the joy of my life. Sometimes you just have to quit trying so hard, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• With my DD, I knew a week before my missed period. I felt weird, like I wasnt alone in my body anymore. Its hard to explain. No symptoms, I just knew. DF didnt believe me, that I could just know. So the day my period was supposed to start, i got a BFP.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2012