whats a good credit card to apply for??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Visa or master card. if you get one make sure you get a decent APR and find out about annual charges they can get pretty steep. Try getting one though your bank.

YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 5:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Credit cards are bad news but they are needed for some things. The credit card I have always used is American Express. You can pretty much put as much as you want on it but you have to pay it off that month - no minimum payment. This prevents me from just paying the minimum. I pay it off every month. If you can't pay it, they will suspend your priveledges until it is paid in full. I have charged tens of thousands of dollars since I charged and paid it off with my very first pay check 27 years ago. It's good for just about everything now and the things you really need a card for, like a rental car.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• NONE
    Anonymous

• it's not the brand of card so much as the institution you get it from. citibank is evil. most big banks IMO are evil. go to a credit union and open an account if you don't already have one. they won't rape you like citibank or BOA will.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• none
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• pay cash, it is the best way. save money and open up a money market account when you can. Read Dave Ramsey's the Total Money Makeover. I have one good credit card but can't advertise it here.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There is no such thing as a "good" credit card.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2009