2 year olds birthday

my sons birthday is next month and im trying to figure out what to do. im thinking about having a small get together at home with cake and presents and then take him to chuck e cheese. any suggestions??

K_Cutee

Asked by K_Cutee at 4:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds great. Going to Chuck E Cheese may be a bit too much and put him in overload. At that age we just did a family/friend bbq for both my kids when they were that age.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• You can do cake and presents at chuck e cheese!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Sounds fun....he might be exhausted after the party. Maybe you could plan the CC visit the day after or before. I'm with Staci though...have the party there. You'll be crazier than a loon by the time it's over, but it would be alot of fun. :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• I'd skip Chuck E Cheese -especially at that age
    just have a small party at home- he's not even gonna remember it when he gets older anyway- take pics and call it good :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• That sounds really nice but there really isn't much for a 2 year old to do at chuckie cheese
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• 2 years old...cake and ice cream and presents at home are enough.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

•  

There's plenty for a 2 year old to do at chuck e cheese- like beg at the popsicle machine!

We had our 2nd birthday party there and it was a ton of fun.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• My suggestion would also be to skip CC this year for a party.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• My son loved Chuck E Cheese at that age! The one thing I learned is that your child is happy at this age with a gift and a cake and extra atttention. Whatever else you do is really, well for you and your warm memories so go with the plan that you will enjoy. One idea that I stole from a friend of mine is "the birthday wall". Keep in mind that if they remember anything at all from a party at this age it is what the pictures trigger. . Gravitate all the decorations into one area, balloons. ( my friend gets those big plastic wall mounts) and use this area for the pictures. This will show all your handy work and make the child of the future think the party was more elaborate than it was.because this background is fun and festiv. Sounds silly but I was convinced my friend had huge parties from her Facebook photos. It also makes the child feel impressed and special when they see such a saturation of party in that area.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• We took my DS to do something I knew he would enjoy that we hadn't done yet. I wanted to do the whole party thing, but thought he would be overwhelmed with a house full of people. We went to a little farm about an hour away with some family and one close friend of the same age, and got to pet cows, sheep, pigs etc. It was really fun! Then the actual day of his birthday, I made his fave dinner and had family over to do gifts and cake :) Easy peasy!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2012