How do I help my 3 year old with potty training?

Mslovelyone

Asked by Mslovelyone at 6:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Here is what I did with my 3 year old daughter. Pull ups for 2 weeks and at the beginning the second week I told her she would start wearing underwear the following week when we were home. (until she was using potty regularly I put her in pull ups when we went places) When she first started wearing underwear we did a potty chart and she put a sticker on it everytime she used the potty. When that chart was full (usually 30 stickers) she got a new polly pocket or outfit for her doll. This really worked great. We had some messes the first week, and very small leaks the next week. We also told her once she was mess free and using the potty all the time she would get a big girl princess bed. Which I believe sealed the deal. :> Good luck.
    hoperenewed

Answer by hoperenewed at 8:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008