Would you be willing to share a recipe?

I am looking for good/healthy home cooked meals to prepare for my family. I am tired of the Betty Crocker cookbook and online recipies and want to try something new. What's your favorite dinner you prepare for your family? I have a family of 6 (3 of which are teenage garbage disposals, LOL). Thanks to anyone willing to share!!

goinginsane1

Asked by goinginsane1 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What You Need1 Tbsp. oil 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.) 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) 98%-fat-free reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup 1 soup can milk 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen broccoli florets 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked 3/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Make It
    HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until cooked through (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

ADD soup and milk to skillet; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in broccoli and rice; top with chicken. Cover. Reduce heat to low.

COOK 5 min.; sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
    use cheddar cheese instead of mozzerella
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• have you tried kraftfoods.com? look under dinner and the 5 meals one bag option and there are TONS OF GOOD STUFF TO MAKE
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• What kind of foods do you like? Any special dietary needs? It helps to know these things! :) Some of our favorites are: chicken saltimbocca, spaghetti & meatballs, homemade chicken noodle soup, spiedini, beef stew, chicken & ribs with dressing. If you want recipes for any of those let me know. There are also a bunch of recipes plus picture tutorials on my blog if you want to take a look: http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• One of our favorites is mexican pulled pork. I get a 3 lb boneless pork shoulder roast, and put it in the crock pot with a can of rotel tomatoes, can of diced green chilis, packet of taco seasoning, sliced onions and sliced bell peppers. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours. Uncover, shred the pork and turn on to keep warm while you heat corn tortillas on a skillet or griddle. Chop some fresh cilantro and add to the pork. Slice a lime. Put sour cream (if you like it) on the tortillas and top with the pork mixture. Squeeze on some fresh lime. Yummy, easy and healthy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My all time favorite to cook and not have to stand over stove is,

1 roast (beef or pork)
    stuff like you would if you were cooking in oven (onions, bell pepper, onion tops, garlic, pepper, salt)
    Season out side w/ salt, pepper, garlic or whatever you usually use.
    Rub roast with kitchen bouquet
    Chop onions and put in rice cooker, add roast cover about 1 - 1/2" over roast, press the start button, then forget about it, when the rice cooker dings, turn roast over add potatoes & carrots
    add same amount of water and press the cook button again, when it dings you have a very tender
    roast and a beautiful brown gravy.
    You can also do this w/ pork chops, chicken, ducks (you can also do the first part the day before so that when you do the rice cooker for the second ding you will have this in about 1 hr at most.
    Anonymous