Anyone has/had mirena, took a pregnancy test and come up negative but actually were pregnant?

I was just wondering if any of you have or had mirena and thought you were pregnant so you took a test but it came up negative; then come to find out by a doctor or something that you in fact were pregnant?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 5:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no if you are pregnant even with the mirena iud it will so up on a pregnancy
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I had negative tests once it was taken out and we were ttc and I was 2 weeks and 3 days late and still got a negative and the blood test said positive but I would think if you have it in still you are probably not but if you are worried def. check with the dr. It is normal though to skip periods but still have pms symptoms while it is in.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It is normal to miss periods while on Mirena, and there's nothing in it that will change results of test.

If you are having other pregnancy symptoms, you may want to call a doc any way just to make sure because one of the risks of IUD's is a higher chance of ectopic pregnancy, which do typically produce lower levels of hgc than normal pregnancies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 6:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2009