To send to school or not to send to school- that is the question...

DD is 4, in pre-k and not sounding so great this morning. She is hoarse and has a little bit of a cough and a slightly stuffy nose. But not fever and she feels fine... I feel like because she has not fever I should send her... they can only have 10 unexcused days here before you are refereed to a truancy officer and/or lose her pre-k slot... and I am not taking her to the doctor over a cold/allergies/whatever this is that is not serious enough to take up waiting room space... what would you do?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2012 in

• I would send her.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Send her. If she gets worse they will call you.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• she will be alright if she is not running a fever, I would send her - they can always call you if she starts to actually feel bad. :)
    Prayers and Hugs for her to feel better
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Send her and they can call you later if she's not better. They only have to be there a couple of hours and they are counted for the whole day as far as their funding goes. She may get past it after she's up and moving around. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• If there is no fever i would send her. Hope she feels better.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• My rule is if there is no fever, if she is feeling okay, and all mucus is clear she goes to school.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• No fever and she says she is feeling okay. I'd send her with a reminder to let the teacher know if she starts feeling sick.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Send her. No fever then they go to school. You may want to try some OTC allergy meds for kids.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• I did give her some benedryl and honey then sent her on her way. We will see how it goes. By the time she was in the car she was saying she did not feel like learning today and that she was just going to stay home. lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• you can send her and if they feel she needs to go home they will call you; the school that my boys go to have a rule that the child has to be fever; and cough free for 24 hours before returning but every school has different guidelines. You could also call the secretary and see what she has to say Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2012