Did you know that if you post Anon in the Adoption Q&A section....

that you really aren't anon to the CafeMom Team? Just like any other web application what you do under your user ID is tracked. If someone reports your Anon reply or posting and the CafeMom Team considers your post to be in violation of the terms that CafeMom has established (you might want to re-check their suggestions specifically for Anon posts) you could be putting your account in danger of being terminated. I'm in full support of being able to post Anon because I know that sometimes moms don't want to advertise their business under their user ID. However some moms seem to take advantage of the guise of Anon and get really catty, unthoughtful, and unproductive to those that use this section to continue learning and growing on our journeys related to adoption. And, yes - I have reported an anon response or two that was over the top and out of line (CafeMom Team has taken care of those every single time without fail).

PortAngeles1969

Asked by PortAngeles1969 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Adoption

• Ummm, I think that she was using the adoption section as an example of where questions sometimes get heated because, like many subjects it is a very emotionally charged subject... Maybe missing the point of this particular post, though, some of you?

I agree, even when you feel the need to anonymously state your opinion, there is no need to be antagonistic...
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• When you post anonymous anywhere on any site, the administrators of that site can see you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Posting Anon ANYWHERE in CafeMom can/will be tracked by the website provider, not just in Adoptions.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Seriously, why would there be an issue specifically in the adoption section? I don't have any experience with it so I never go there, but I would think generally that adoption is a positive thing??
    Wow. Sorry to hear about the troubles.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's any topic lol
    Anonymous

• Anywhere on CafeMom you can be tracked while being Anon. It's not really a big deal. I have seen MANY inappropriate posts, MANY rude comments, MANY catty remarks and have never reported anything. I appreciate free speech and figure unless threats were being made towards me then I don't have a problem with any of them.
    Anonymous

• thank you for the public service announcement :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Adoption a positive thing?

Educate yourself..
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 6:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Good thing it's only in the adoption section lol. Seriously, I hope that people who are reproducing are smart enough to figure out that you're never totally anonymous
    Anonymous

• Yup I made the comment here specifically (even though you are correct that it holds true for all sections of the Q&A area) because this is one of the sections I frequent. It didn't particularly make sense for me to post it in areas I wasn't participating but I DID want to remind folks who might not understand that posting Anon doesn't really save you from any ramifications if you threaten, or get particulary nasty with others. I'm a HUGE proponent of free speech but don't believe it should be used to say something to someone you woudn't have the guts to do in real life. So yes, call it what you will - a public service announcement, a reminder to those who do use Anon to be ugly to others, or whatever :)
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009