so i want to go on a diet!?

how do i go about changing my diet? whats a good diet?
how many calories is good calories a day?

i've gained so much weight in the past couple months and i dont know how!! :( i eat the same thing i've always ate..

i've heard that when you dont get your period you gain weight is that ttrue??

i only get it about once every 6 months...

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• anyone???
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm on slim fast--I don't eat anything for breakfast, a shake and a bar for lunch and whatever i want for dinner, i've been on it for a week and a half and i've lost 4 lbs.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well, my advice would be to NOT go on any kind of fad diet. The best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. You need to evaluate what exactly you eat and how much you eat daily. Writing it down helps. Then you need to cut back amounts, try to eat healthier alternatives to what you normall eat and exercise is crucial. You have to burn more calories than you eat. There are lots of websites that can figure out how many calories you should be eating. Even with that you can't go by calories alone, you need to eat food that is good for you and not just low calorie. I'm not sure about the period thing, but if it's goofed up then other things could be too.

I would just start off by eating less and moving more. You can't go wrong.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Diets don't work without exercise. EXERCISE
    Anonymous

• okay so exercise but i'm saying like you have to change your eating habits how?? how do you know that your eating the right thing?

MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Diets don't work. I would suggest Weight Watchers. It's not a diet, they teach you how to eat healthier. I started in Feb 08 and have lost almost 60 lbs. I never realized how awful I was eating before. You need to eat lots of fruit and veggies, you need dairy daily and olive oil...and a multivitamin. All this helps. Message me if you want to talk, losing weigh is hard and if you need some support or advice I'm here.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Try not to buy a lot of prepackaged stuff. (Meals like lean cusine sound good calorie wise, but are full of salt). Try to make food at home as much as possible. Try to change what type of stuff you are eating. If you fry or bread chicken a lot, try it in the same recipe grilled or baked. Try to have salads for dinner twice a week. I try to jazz mine up or copy something I've had at a restaurant instead of having a boring salad. Those are hard to eat sometimes. You can use low fat dressings and such too. I actually don't use much low fat stuff. I just use less than I used to and enjoy the full fat flavor. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. Half your plate at dinner should be veggie.

Weight Watchers is a good plan if you can afford it. I've had lots of friends lose a lot on it. Losing is hard and it's tough to get started when you don' t know what to do. You can message me too w/ more ?'s!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009