Kids having some dental work today

I'm taking my boys in to get a couple of cavities filled, and my 11 year old will also be having a baby tooth pulled. What kind of pain are we looking at?

Ideas for dinner? Their appointment is at 3 pm so I'm imagining they're still going to be pretty numb and will need a later dinner than usual, just to avoid biting their cheeks.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2012 in Kids' Health

• My 12 year old DD just had 3 baby teeth pulled last week, no pain issues at all. They were just stubborn and didn't want to let go.. Her gum was sore on one side, we got her soup for that night, after that.. no problem :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes.

For a family of 4:
    2lbs ground beef
    2 packets brown gravy mix
    1-2 pounds potatoes

cook up the ground beef. Make the gravy and add ground beef. Cook up potatoes, then mash. Place mashed potatoes in a bowl/on a plate and top with hamburger gravy.

It's filling and soft.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• well at 11 i'm assuming it's a baby tooth? so he shouldn't be in a whole lot of pain, just make sure you have some tylenol handy. i'd fix something like soup and cornbread.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Soup, ice cream, jello, pudding, milkshakes. Probably this is all not even needed, they should be about ready to eat anything by a late suppertime, but just for some TLC, maybe. About the child with the tooth pulled, my son was told not to suck on straws for a certain length of time- the suction could pull out the clot. You may want to call the dental office and ask so you can have what you need.

Answer by Bmat at 11:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Trips to the dentist with the kids is such fun! (sarcasm). I would suggest soup as well. A cold soup would be even better. Maybe stop on the way home and get them a slushy.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2012

• just stick with softer foods that night
    Keni-Lyn

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 1:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2012