Bossy 2 yr old

What are some things your kid(s) is/are bossy about?

My 2 yr old is bossy about cleaning her hands, the way her shoes have to be put on, the brushing of her hair, and God forbid you eat her crackers (even if she doesn't want them!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're the one letting her continue with the behavior. Don't want a bossy kid learn to be a better parent.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• My kids never 'bossed' me because that isn't how we behave in our family. Mom and Dad are the parents. If my kids, even at 2, spoke to manner we wouyld address the attitude immediately. I have a son who is slightly OCD. He had his preferences for how certain things needed to be done. That was okay, but being bossy about it was not. Just my honest opinion.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• * spoke to me in that manner
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• My kids are polite, not demanding. Took a long time to get them that way, but it worked.
    Moseley

Answer by Moseley at 1:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• I haven't had an issue with bossiness yet and she's almost 3, I think I have heard that 3 is worse than 2- 2 has been perfect.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• We have had to deal with "bossiness" in a manner speaking. My LO is OCD in several aspects and we just remind her to be polite and remember her manners. If you allow the behavior then it will continue. If you stop the behavior then she will eventually stop it. I have another child who is bossy and very "motherly" (adopted). I am trying to change some of the ways that she does things and remind her that "I" am the parent. She is trying to change the ways she does things, but with her mother she had to be the "person in charge" b/c her mother lacked those skills. Good luck on changing the behavior you don't want.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2012