We were over the limit with my husbands job. We lost the link card. No cruel,sarcastic or mean comments,thanks. I am feeling bad enough! I need to figure things out.

Asked by dancer at 1:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2012 in Money & Work

• that sucks you know ppl are going to ask you why you are screaming again right?? I guess try to budget more, coupons, buy cheaper things to Canada we don't really have that system I think when you are on welfare thats it you get what you get I don't think there is extra for food....hang in there....

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Dancer I am very sorry, honestly. I know the difference having that card can make in our life. I do hope the best for you and your family.

Answer by meooma at 1:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Didn't you already know this was going to happen from your previous post?

Sounds like you need to work on a budgeting plan.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• we were 15.00 a month over (who can buy groceries with 15 bucks?)
    Sorry momma, just gotta cut a few more corners as hard as it is already. Maybe do some side jobs for now ( babysitting etc) I know you both work and Im not sure of days etc. I babysit on weekends during the school year to bring in a little extra, dont want to do evenings on school nghts because it messes up our LO's routine.

Hugs, things will work out. Do you go to food banks?

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• I am confused I thought you knew this. He has a job that is paying more that should be a cause for rejoicing not shouting.

Answer by Dardenella at 1:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Thanks meooma-All I know is that before the card I sacrificed so much that I dropped weight like crazy,not that i was trying! I was making sure my family had enough to eat! sarasmommy777-I am yelling! I am mad! I know people who have been on the link for 10 years and live with the boyfriend/babys daddy andthe welfare people thinks it is just mom and the kid(s)! You are honest and you get screwed! U lie and you get it all!!!!! sucks!!!!

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Dardenella-His job does not pay close to what he was making before that company closed! luvmygrandbaby-I am so tired of canned food!!!!

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• dancer - their turn will come the dishonest scammers....I feel for you and I remember your issue at work also isn't good...I hope things get better for ya's...

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• I'm sorry. What state do you live in? Some states, like Texas, has Commodities. They have helped us out before when we were in a jam.

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• Dardenella-no I did not know it. My hours were cut drastically!

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2012