weight

im being induced next week. i only gained 12 lbs...all in my stomach. the dr said i should lose all that weight when i have the baby. how will my stomach look and how long will it take to go back to normal about? im 21 years old and this is my first child. what size pants should i take to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with all 3 of my kids i took my pre pregnancy clothes with me to the hospital as soon as my babies come out my stomach goes done but all women are diff take 2 pairs just in case one you wear before you wore preg and one you wore when you were around 5 m
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• man i wish i was that lucky.
    your stomach will shrink after baby is born alot but you will still have a pudgy look to you for a while it takes 6 wks for the uterus to shrink to its original size. id take a pair of sweats to wear home or even a pair of your maternity pants.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• take maternity pants to the hospital, you'll still have a little pooch even after you have the baby, it will take your uterus about 4 weeks to contract back to its normal size
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't take jeans LOL. It'll be super uncomfy, take sweats , joggers whatever you wanna call them lol. I gained 22lbs with my daughter and 2 days later I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight minus and extra 3lbs. LOL. My stomach was/is jiggly LOL. I wasn't fit before so that probably has something to do with it. But everyone is different.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 6:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In all honesty take something loose to fit around your tummy, with my son I gained 22 pounds and with my daughter I only gained 3 and after both babies I still had a pudgyness to my tummy
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• jaja why only 3 p? did you have a hard pregnancy?
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i wore a nightgown home m belly went down but i had alot of saggy skin (don't worry MOST of it went away) id take sweats if i ever did it again
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i gained 50 lbs with my first pregnancy! you're lucky! but i lost it all in like a month so it wasnt that bad. most of the weight is the baby but bring your maternaty cloths with you cuz your belly will probably be all stretched out and squishy and it wont look good against normal cloths. plus the pooch kind of stayed around for a little while. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• more than the size...worry about comfort. My tummy was flat when I left and I lost all of my weight within two weeks (25 pounds) but i couldn't wear jeans or anything like that for about a month. Anything that was tighter or constricting in the crotch area killed me. Yoga pants were my best friend :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Take the size you wore 2 months ago. You'll get smaller than that, maybe back to normal in a week if all you gained is 12 lbs. I find that I always wear 7 mos size the first 2 days. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2009