HOW CAN I TREAT ECZEMA IN 4YEAR OLD (NATURALLY)FEEL SO BAD USING A STEROID CREAM

LUCYLAND

Asked by LUCYLAND at 6:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just started using Aquaphor and it's working wonders for my dd, it's a little pricey but it's well worth the money.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I use cetaphil. It's very gentle.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we use aveeno
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• cocunut oil. also look into a rotation diet or food ellimination diet. your child is allergic to something and it's showing that to you w/ the exzema.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Climb On. Trust me. www.climbonproducts.com It's all natural, no synthetics, chemicals, or alcohol.
    The cream is easier than the ar to apply to a larger area, like those affected by eczema.
    skinnykat

Answer by skinnykat at 7:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son had it bad at that age. Expecially behind his knees and elbows. I would bath him in the aveeno oatmeal bath. (bathing him every 2-3 days only, as per his dr. ) Then I would slather on the euceren cream. It is over the counter and a little pricey but it really worked.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 7:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son's dr said to give him a bath in baking soda and works really good.
    azcowgirl28

Answer by azcowgirl28 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• aveeno cream for ssensitive skin. worked evenbetter than elidel
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 1:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• we used the eucerin cream. It;s not natural but there aren't any steriods in it, either. If you dont want any medicated cream, try these things first.

Make sure the water isnt too "hard" minerals in the water can promote skin drying which promotes exzema breakouts. Make sure the house isn't too dry. Run a humidifier to help moisturize the air in your house. Any dryness in the air sucks moisture out of the skin, promoting exzema breakouts. Keep the skin moist, with a non medicated cream. something natureal like for babies might be good enough. Keep in mind these things are for prevention - if the breakout is bad you will have to treat it with the medicated cream to get it under control.

Good luck!
    Tonya (sunmoonstars)
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My doc said to use cortaid and it works great!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009