sleeping on your stomach

can you hurt the baby by laying on your stomach if your overweight because i woke up on my stomach and i have not felt the baby move all day and im 19 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it just depends with the laying on your stomach. . If you are use to feeling the baby kick and move etc, then you should go see a doctor ASAP!
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• idk but when ever i sleep and i end up on my tummy it
    hurts me hella bad
    but i could lay on my tummy till i was about 26 weeks with out it hurting the baby or i dont think it hurt her
    she is still alive and moving and the doc says she seems healthy
    Anonymous

• I am 31 weeks almost and I still sleep on my belly. I do have to adjust myself to make it feel comfortable but I feel my little one still kicking around even right now!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't understand why pregnant women choose to sleep on their stomach, it seems stupid. At 31 weeks, that surely doesn't seem safe. Anyways, if you accidently did it, then i understand! I would go to the ER if you dont feel movements, IF you are used to feeling it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009