At what point would you reconsider?

So, let's say that you cannot seem to have a happy and healthy long term relationship, and that every one of them end in failure. Let's say that family members tend to exclude you from their lives. Let's say that you are convinced that it cannot possibly be you, and you insist that you are an insightful and introspective person. Okay. So, at what point would you wake up and realize that perhaps it is not the ex's or the family members that are the problem, maybe it is you? After all, you are the one constant in all of the failed and troubled relationships. Does that make any sense? So, again, at what point would you start to question just how wonderful you think you are?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 7:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll answer my own question just for the fun of it. I actually had to face such a question just out of high school. I had nothing but bad relationships with boyfriends and after each one ended they would date girls that I perceived were not nearly as attractive as I. So, there I was, this self involved narcissistic teenager wondering why they would chose someone who was less pretty over me. Somewhere in my early twenties, after a lot of self reflection and observation of other people's relationships it dawned on me that MY PERSONALITY was the problem. It didn't matter how pretty I was, I was a bitch. So, I worked on it and took a lot of time. Anyway, don't have that problem any more. It is amazing what a little bit of HONEST self reflection can do for ya:)
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I thought you were talking about my sister. This question describes her to a tee. I myself have always known what my bad points are and am working on the ones that bother me. Of course, they didn't bother me until my 30's, I'm a much better person now but still have some things to work on.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009