How long did you bleed after a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage on Monday, and my doctor said I'd be bleeding for about a week. I'm bleeding REAL lightly today and wondered if it's going to come back (thats how my periods are, heavy for 2 days, gone 1, then comes back for another day) or if this is the end of it? I just don't know what to except (if anything else..).

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 7:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your loss. Do you know if the m/c is actually complete now? I had a natural m/c... I found out at 9 weeks that the baby had died around 6 weeks but didn't actually physically m/c until a couple weeks later. I had bleeding for about two weeks, but most of that was leading up to the part where I actually passed the sac and embryo. After the actual m/c, I only had another two or three days of bleeding. If you've already physically m/c'd you may be almost done bleeding, but if tissue still remains it could still come back heavier. Is your doctor checking your hcg to make sure that your hormones are dropping to zero? That's a good indication of where you are.
    Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it sucks. I wish no one had to go through it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well, he gave me an internal sonogram and didn't find anything in there. Earlier that day, I bled very heavily with lots of clots, so I'm hoping I passed the sad and embryo already.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sac*
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i have had two m/c my first one i bled for a while because i also had a D&C because the baby wouldn't come out on its own. The second one passed on its own it was so hard at 12 weeks to see your babies sac in the toilet i couldn't flush it. so it all depends. when mine got light it stayed light for a while and went away.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I had bleeding for 5 days. It started a little bit heavy, and then went to light within a day or 2. The next month I had a normal period, and the month after I got pregnant with my son, that is now 11months old. Im sorry for your loss, and I hope youre coping well.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009