• In the Spotlight:

Is it ok for a step-parent to have their myspace status set to "Proud Parent" even if they don't have any bio-kids?

BM is getting on my case about having it set to that because I don't have any children of my own yet. Myspace doesn't have a "Proud Step-Parent" setting for me to choose and it's not as if it says "I'm the real mom" or "Proud Mother"... it just says parent - which I am because I've been married to DH for over a year now and I take care of SKs when they are with us and love my SKs very much and have to make sacrifices to make sure they are taken care of too just as a parent does. DH says to ignore her, but I don't want to be over-stepping my boundaries no matter how ridiculous BM is being about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can set it any way you want to.... if Proud Parent is the closest you can get to how you feel, then click away Momma.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think there is nothing wrong with it. You are still a parent even if they are not your kids. My cousin has that on her status and she just has step kids.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Certainly it is all right. You are proud of your step-children. "Proud parent" describes your feelings.

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I am a stepmom with no biokids and I say that that's not overstepping boundaries. BM is just being a PITA. It's YOUR page so if that's what you want to say, then declare it proudly and ignore her idiotism.

Anonymous

• I wanted to add that when people ask me how many grandchildren I have I tell them 4, two biological and two step. And when they ask how my grandchildren are doing I tell them how all 4 are doing. And when I sent Valentines yesterday I sent one to each of the 4 children and signed them all Grandma. Proud grandma? You bet. Go ahead and list yourself as proud parent.

Answer by Bmat at 7:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i dont see a problem with it, if my son had a step mom who put that i would be glad he was loved
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009