9 weeks.

im 9 weeks pregnant and have had a cold for almost a week that has now that has developed in to a dry cough. Also, i have had horrible pain in my left ear that has countinued to increase over the last few days. i have called the doc and will be seen. im just worried that this ear infection not being treated right away will increase chance for miscarriage. Is this true?? Has anyone had something happen like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of anyone being sick and it causing a miscarriage. I was sick early on in my pregnancy and my ear hurt bad also. It was just clogged from having a bad cold. They did an ear wash on my ear. The doctor can give you something to take care of your cough, cold and your ear.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It is actually quite common for pregnant woment to have sinus infections and colds during pregnancy, both of which can lead to ear infections. I am sure as long as treated properly you should be fine.
    Heather881029

Answer by Heather881029 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• nope never heard of it but till the appointment try when you take a shower the vapor from the heat inhale and exhale it or if you have a vapor machine thing ...use it !!!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009