ok anyone else going through this?

ok i seriously think im gonna have a mental break down!! lol- i have 3 boys- almost 5, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2- they r all dare devils! my youngest just gave me a mini heart attack because i just caught him jumping off the couch backwards! he landed on his feet and didnt cry- instead he climbed back up to do it again! im going through cuts scrapes bruises and busted lips all the time now! these boys are just so rough! anybody else going through this- and how do u cope? and for those with older boys do they ever grow out of this?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get them a trampoline with the net sides. At least then they'll be doing it in an area meant for that LOL
    Anonymous

• easter of '08 my son was a little over 1 year old and i was at walmart trying to get the stuff for his basket. we stupid me (im a first time mom) had him in the basket of the buggy and my friend was SUPPOSED to be watching him while i looked for stuff and the next thing i know-he dives from the buggy and hit the floor. i nearly had a heart attack but he was fine. needless to say i have learned my lesson i really hope they grow out of it
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I am a mom of four children two teenage daughters 16 and 18 we have twin boys who are four. At 16 months old my dear twins got moved a chair to the washer, climbed the washer got the bleach managed to open it, one twin drank some. I freaked out dialed 911 ambulance took my son to emergency for observations he was fine. A week later a twin fell hit his head on the coffee table (which is now gone) needed stitches on his head. Age two my twin was running with a stick out side and almost poked his eye out. Luckily he didn't. six months ago a twin was running in our back yard tripped fell and split his nose open. I had to take him to emergency for ex rays. His nose was swollen but fine. The doctor put butterflies bandages on the deep cuts on his nose. He now has two scars on the side of his nose. I have hyper boys...I am surviving learned to take them to park and carry a first aide package!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• One day when my daughters were 3, I heard one upstairs going whoa whoa. I go up and there she is, staddling the window balancing herself. As I'm getting her down (and putting my heart back in my chest) I hear the other one laughing, I go downstairs and find her in the washing machine as its filling up. Yep, I've been there. They're 6 now, and its gotten better but they are still daredevils.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My now 7 year old used to get up on the back of our livingroom couch & jump out into the middle of the room, giving me a mini heart attack every time. He's still a little daredevil, some days he's just a little devil in a childs body. Boys will be boys!!!! Even though it scares their moms to death, sooner or later they leave the nest & you don't have to worry about them quiet so much-LOL!!!
    bookdragon

Answer by bookdragon at 12:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• When my son was born his 1st pic was taken by my father and he looked like he was flexin his muscles on his arms saying he was tough. 5 minutes later he was rushed to the nursery for oxygen feeding tube.. etc spent 3 days there. mini heart attack 1.. 6 months old he pulled himself ontop of his walker mini heart attack 2.. 6.5 months old he pulled himself up on the bath tub side got top heavy fell in while i was trying to pull his sis out.. this goes on and on and on and things havent changed.. he is 19 months now and I think he has a permament bump and bruise on his head from falling off and runnin into things. But like the dr said at his very 1st dr app boys r boys and if you start counting every grey hair and heart attack now you'll be bald from dying your hair or dead from heart attacks in 10 years
    luv3ldl

Answer by luv3ldl at 12:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I am so glad I only have 1 boy, lol. My son has been giving me those mini-heart attacks since he was a baby. He decided to climb the stairs at 5 1/2 months and probably would have made it all the way up if his older sister (who was 20 months) hadn't yelled for me to look at the baby. He was on the 3rd step by then.
    At 6 months he was climbing onto the sofa and then jumping off...despite the fact that he couldn't walk yet and couldn't even sit up without falling over (he could crawl and climb, though).
    Now he's 7 and in the last few months he has busted his ear open and almost needed stitches, busted his toe and got a horrible infection in it (that was bad but it finally healed), fell head first into our wooden stairs (right on the top of his head...luckily didn't knock himself out) along with a bunch of minor stuff. He keeps me on my toes for sure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My kids have no fear, they have all had stitches and it only gets worse. In one year my son bit a hole through his tongue (twice) , broke his collarbone and broke his arm in 3 places which required surgery, 12 screws, 2 plates and a tension wire. He is very active in sports so I figure it won't be long before he has another injury to deal with.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• haha~when I was having a pre-op questionnaire down for my four year old, they asked me if he had any bruises. I passed, and said, "um, he's a four year old boy..." And the nurse doing the interview just laughed!

mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yep. Just boys...actually, I have a girl that did that, too! You may have to sit the older two down and teach them that some things are just not safe. Tell them straight out what they can and can't do. Set the boundaries and then stick to them. But I must say, bumps and bruises are part of growing up. We have all had them and we all made it to adulthood! My first son (now 9) broke his left femur (thigh) from jumping on the bed at 2 1/2! Had to spend Christmas in a body cast! HIs doctor said he, himself, broke 10 bones before he got grown! So don't worry. This too shall pass!!
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009