D&C

CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE OF A M/C AND HAVING A D&C PERFORMED AND HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO GET A REG. PERIOD AND HOW MANY MONTHS DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO CONCEIVE. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME FOR I AM TTC AFTER A M/C D&C DONE IN 12-08

mommy19741974

Asked by mommy19741974 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a D&C done and my doctor told me to wait 3 months before trying again. I got my period the first month after I had it done and I was pregnant again with in 4 months.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i had a dnc done Feb 5 2007 it took me maybe 6 months to get my periods back to where they should and were still ttc but everyone is differnet
    Anonymous

• I have never had a DNC but my aunt (she's 6 years older than me) had one two years ago, I am not sure when her period went back to normal but she was pregnant about three months later. The baby was born perfectly healthy. But like they said everyone is different. :) Good luck!
    Blaire23

Answer by Blaire23 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I never had a D&C but I had 3 natural miscarriages. It took 9 months after my first one to have a period and then I got pregnant a month later, it took about 2 months after my second miscarriage to get a period and it only took a month after my 3rd to have a period. I was on meds after my 2nd and 3rd to help regulate my periods and I was on fertility meds when I got preg the 3rd time and when I finally got pregnant with my son who I carried to term.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• thank you for all the advice
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• OMG... I too just had a M/C 12-09. The reason Doc's tell you to wait is to give your cycle a chance to become regular again. I got my first period Jan 3 so almost exactly a month after my D/C wich was on 12-10. My second period was Jan 31st. Going to ttc next wkend....I was originally going to wait another cycle but decided didn't want to wait another month.....Best wishes to you
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2009