I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go, maybe

I have been saying for months that i am going to start going to the gym at lunch. There is a ladies gym right down the block from work. We only have an hour and they are very strick on not being late, so i thought i would just bring my shoes, and wear a tank under my regular top and just take the top off and throw my shoes on at the gym, work out for about 40 minutes then get back dressed and get back to work.
Well, i got up early determined to do so , so i got my shoes and a little bag of stuff to freshen up with all ready to go. Well, it is a couple of hours until lunch and i am already thinking of backing out. I just keep thinking, i am going to get all sweaty and look like crap when i get back of stink. LOL, I am thinking that i am hungry and i wont get to eat lunch and i will be starving all afternoon. I know it is a mind thing and i need to get over that, but i need some way to get past those things and just make myself go.
I have no idea why i am dreading it so bad and keep putting it off. I use to go to the gym all the time and enjoyed it. I have no idea what had happened.
What are some good ways to overcome this feeling of dread and make myself still go to the gym?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Why not go right after work. It would be a great way to relieve some built up stress from work, and you won't have to worry about starving all day, and being sweaty after...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Pin up pictures of clothes you would like to wear but can't or activities you would like to do but can't YET
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Go in the morning- It's a great way to start the day and raises your metabolism so you burn more calories
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Hmmmm just get up and do it. Once you go you will find that you enjoy it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Just go and do not stop and it will become a habit. I would tell myself giving up is not an option
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• it's one of those things- if you don't really want to do it yet...you won't
    the only person who can truly motivate you is YOU.
    you just have to go do it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Working out doesn't just have to happen at the gym; maybe a long walk outside would feel fresher to you.

A damp washcloth swiped over your body will have you feeling clean afterward. There are also great oil-reducing face wipes.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Just go and put motivation and rewards out there for yourself. What do you want to accosplish by working out? only you can answer it, if you don't go you don't have anybody else to blame but yourself.

Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• afterwork just doesnt work for us right now, I have to get to MIL to pick up the kids which is 30 miles away, then go 40 miles back home, get supper, kids bathed,everyone fed, and keep up with the laundry and regular household crap, and we usually let the kids ride there pony for a while since the afternoons have been so nice. I get a little exercise doing that cause the baby cant ride byherself yet so i have to lead her, but that isnt much. Anyways, afterwork just doesnt work right now and mornings are hectic trying to get out the door by 7 so that is why i was shooting for lunch time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• plus, i think this gym (its an all ladies gym and we are in a very small town) doesnt open until like 10:00. They also close at 6:00 on some days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Aug. 28, 2012