We just said goodbye to our kitty :'(

He was 15, and withering away. It was his time to go, he was no longer comfortable or peaceful. He wouldnt eat, nor could he make it to the yard to relieve himself anymore. It was his time, but it doesnt make the decision any easier. And DD doesnt understand why he wont be coming back, I told her he is going to heaven. She seems ok with that.
I am very sad about it.

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 11:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2012 in Pets

• Thank you ladies. It has been a hard morning. I am trying not to let DD see me crying, but my heart is aching. He was a part of my little pack for so long, I miss him already. And, of course, I always feel some guilt about putting an animal to sleep. I know he is not suffering anymore, but I hate having to decide when his time was done... Im such a mess.
    Im mhoping spending some time with my cousin and her DS at the park will ease my mind. But I know when DF goes to band tonight, and takes DD to his moms for a few hours, Im going to be bawling :'( just gotta keep myself together in front of DD.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I am so sorry. I think it's one of the hardest decisions to make.

There is a really good book about pet death, called The Tenth Good Thing About Barney, by Judith Viorst. We used it when my grandmother and then our older pets died. My older kids even took it out when their grandfather died, and then read it to their little brother.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I'm sure he's in a better place right now
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 12:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I'm so sorry :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• ((Hugs))
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I am so sorry. We just lost one of our cats a week ago yesterday. Kids seem to accept death so much easier than us adults.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• So sorry and ((hugs)) I had to put one my cats to sleep recently too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand your feelings just went thru that a month ago with one of my doggies. Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• feel better

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2012

• :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2012