AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! (vent)

I'd call my husband at work and bitch to him, but he's in the busy part of his day.

I am ready to KILL my 5 year old right now. For the past 3 days she's been nagging to watch a movie or cartoons. So today, I turned on Shark Tale from cable. She didn't want that, she wanted to watch ANYTHING else. Our pantry is getting really bare, so I'm having to get creative on meals. When I finally got hungry this morning I made myself some popcorn. She thought she could nag, whine and/or help herself to to MY food. All through Shark Tale she's doing all sorts of things to be annoying as hell to try and get me to change the channel, still trying to help herself to my food. So she asked if she could get dressed, I didn't object; it gave me a few minutes of silence.

She comes out all dressed up and start spinning in circles, trips, falls on her brother's activity tray and almost breaks it. I send her to her room and THEN she starts with the tantrum and how much she wants Daddy. WTF??! You've been messing around doing EVERYTHING I've told you not to, you almost broke your brother's stuff, and NOW you want to pitch a fit because I've finally had enough and sent you to your room???!!??!?!

Seriously? Gah! Another week and a half and school will start. Please give me some encouragement to get through this last 8-9 days.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 2:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hugs Rose! You can survive the last week. I didn't think I would either. It seems all I did was yell, but I survived. Now the house is so quiet!!!!!

You can always ship her down here to keep me company. LOL! :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Kids down here are already in school.

Answer by louise2 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Why can't you share your popcorn?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Yes I know that louise, 95% of the country is already back to school. We're not. All the kids, and parents, that I talk to are beyond ready to go back to school. That's part of the problem in my house.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• don't tempt me....please don't tempt me. She's stubborn, willful, defiant at times, and JUST like her mother.

I get that she's missing her brother, who's trucking with my dad. I get that she's ready to go to kindergarten. She wanted to go last year but was WAY too young. I get that she's bored. I get it all. It's also all getting to me today.

I think she's also growing again/still. She's been eating everything in sight and sleeping a LOT more than usual.

9 more days......must hold on for 9 more days.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Is there any where you can take her to just get rid of some energy? A park, a mall play area, a swimming pool, an open field to just RUN CRAZY? lol, I do know how you feel, I have been thanking the heavens ALL DAY that my older two finally went back to school today! My littlest is still home with me but is starting 1/2 day Head Start next week so I'm kinda glad to have these last few days of alone time with him :)
    Good luck getting through the rest of this week!!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• The popcorn was my breakfast. Normally I wouldn't mind sharing, but all her nagging and whining and grabbiness got on my nerves.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Not to be rude, but I would really try to just go to the store and pick up a few things as soon as you get the chance for both you and her. It is much harder to deal with children period when you are hungry. My son goes through 2-3 growth spurts in a year and kindergarten was the worst. They really need food, and a lot, especially for breakfast when this is happening. I had to give my son two breakfasts, and the last one was an adult IHOP size breakfast each day before afternoon kindergarten. I would also offer a reward like going to McDs for an ice cream cone or something later in the day if she can behave so it motivates her. Good luck and hang in there.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 4:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• LOL I would if I could, there is $2 in my account until Friday.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2012