Do you ever stop and take stock? Do you rethink positions, try new paths? Do you move through life consciously?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 3:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you ever stop and take stock? All the time.

Do you rethink positions, try new paths? Rethink, yes. Try new paths, not as often because I'm terrified of making the wrong decision.

Do you move through life consciously? Yes, because again, I'm terrified of making the wrong decisions. Unfortunately that has not stopped me from making plenty of them.

maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Always, I'm constantly evolving in my beliefs.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Do I ever stop and take stock? Absolutely.
    Do I rethink positions or try new paths? Depends. I think at this point in my life I did enough spiritual search to say with all certainty that I am in my right path and have no interest in changing it. But that doesn't mean that in other areas I don't have room to learn something new and change my views.
    Do I go through life consciously? I can definitely say that now I do :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I don't take new paths, I take the path that feels right and stick to it and I am not spontaneous. I do take stock and rarely change positions. I think consciously before taking on any positions. There are no accidents in my world.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I do all of what you asked within my belief system. I take stock of how closely I am following it, and if I need to be more committed. I think about the current, popular positions (within my belief system) on things like gay rights, abortion, the elections, etc and see if they ring true in my heart and my conscience. Im always honing that and growing in it. But I dont try new paths as in suddenly just walk a whole new, and divergent, belief system. I know what I believe and I will stick to it..
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Yes.
    Yes, but not religious ones.
    Yes.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• yes, it's extremely helpful to staying happy in the moment.
    sotra, i re-question my positions on a number of things often, but i wouldnt say i rethink them...just make sure they ares till something i believe. and rarely try out a new path unless im sure there is something of value for me personally.
    yes, to do otherwise would be a waste of a life.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I'm constantly reading and studying, taking in as much info as possible, considering the various different POVs out there. My beliefs are subject to change if a compelling argument can be made, I'm on a journey, I haven't merely arrived at a spiritual destination.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Constantly.
    Not regarding religion- all others, I'm open to treading.
    Yessir..
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Of course!

I'm an Eclectic Pagan!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2012