soymilk.?.?.?

my daughter wont drink regular milk even if i make it flavored. so i decided to try her on soy milk enriched with vitamins and all that good stuff. someone said it was bad for you....anyone try their kids on it? or do you know if it has adverse effects on children???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I have read that any processed form of soy (anything besides the actual soybean and tempha sp???) can cause fertility problems in young children. But, I think that moderation is the key. I don't give my daughter regular milk or soymilk, but rather almond milk but I do give her tofu, soy dogs and other soy based products...but in moderation.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My daughter drinks Silk Soy Milk Plain or Vanilla not the kid one because it has a lot of sugar in it.My doctor said its fine,my daughter only eat soy stuff she does not like anything with milk in it.

times3mom

Answer by times3mom at 8:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son is allergic to milk. We drink soy, I always have. His dr. said it was fine, I have never had problems form it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• thanks... i appreciate it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Ideally it's best to mix it up a bit, meaning don't do soy ALL the time... switch it out with rice milk and/or almond, and/or hemp some of the time. Soy every day for extended periods can have some negative effects, from what I've read & researched.
    GiddyMommy

Answer by GiddyMommy at 1:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Soy has no negative effects.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Soy is bad: http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm
    Try almond or rice milk. Those can/are enriched w/vits and stuff too. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• A quick google will show many rebuttals for each and every one of those listed on the above site.

There's nothign wrong with other types o fmilk, but there's nothing wrong with soy, either.
    Anonymous

• soy can mess with fertility later in life
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There is also goat milk, it is very rich. I would recommed mixing a little bit of water. Also good with Stevia a sugar replacement, sold at any wholefood store. They're about $15 per dropper but they last forever, 2-3 drops per cup is all that is needed. I used this while my kids wouldnt drink cow or soy milk
    krubalc

Answer by krubalc at 3:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009