Facebook question,, Did I do the wrong thing?

I have a good friend who is very anti-abortion, she continues to post really awful pictures, and rants on and on about her view. I am not debating with her for or against, but sent her a message that I wish she would cool her jets a bit, she replied back, well you don't have to look at them, or read them just bypass them.

I replied that if I was on her friend's list, it was pretty hard to ignore her cut up baby pictures, and that I was not the only one of her friends to disagree with her postings, not because I don't appreciate her stance, (it is her right) but because I found her content offensive,, she just now unfriended me,, oh well.

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 6:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2012 in Relationships

• nope you done good momma!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Nope, nothing wrong with letting her know that she is going overboard. If she chose to unfriend you, that is on her.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Well, you do have the option to block someone's posts from your feed so that you don't have to see them. It would have avoided the argument. But I don't think you're wrong for feeling the way you do, or not wanting to see it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• It's none of your business what someone posts on their wall. If you don't like it, block it. How would you like it if she told you your husband was ugly and she'd like you to quit posting pictures of him?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• You could've just blocked her posts from your wall but, oh well. I'm sure she's offended others as well.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I honestly unsubscribe to people that post graphic images. I don't have to see the crap and they don't get offended.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• No, you did the right thing. As I always say, that is kind of like shoving her opinions down your throat whether you want her to or not.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• Your facebook news feed is what you look at for entertainment, if you don't want to look at stuff like that you shouldn't have to! Sounds like it wasn't a close friend, so cool, no more icky pictures.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I had to unsubscribe from a fellow CM friend. This is awful of me to say but she kept posting pictures of her baby that died. At least twice a week she would post a picture of it after the baby had already been declared dead. Does that make sense? I could not take it anymore so I unsubscribed from her.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• No. It is just too much
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2012