probally a stupid question but i dont care and no bashing

so i am 26 weeks and 3 days along i have been sleeping for the last two days straight almost and get up a couple hours and boom im out again. I haven't felt the baby much in the last two days not even 4 movements i've tried some ways but nothing. a little nervous about it. so here is my question when sitting down like 5 mins ago i am sitting on the couch and i felt a small shift in my stomach i have felt it before but it wasn't a big shift is that the baby or my imagination?

any advice that isn't mean please let me know first time mom here and have a high anxiety level of attacks sometimes.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could have been the baby. I slept all the time when I was pregnant, go to the doctor and get a check up. I ended up being anemic

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• first-get your iron checked. i slept alot like that and come to find out my iron was low. the shift could be the baby moving around
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Drink some orange juice and lay on your left side awake and wait. I bet the baby will move and it will be noticable.
    Anonymous

• sometimes when he shifts it feels like my bladder shifts as well doesn't hurt but it shifts and i can feel my bladder get fuller its in my lower stomach on my left side i feel the shifting.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• another question after the shifting or the baby moving if there is a sudden like dull ache could that be the babys bones poking me or a body part up against my uterus.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I went through stages of sleeping lots myself during the pregnancy which can be normal. Doesn't hurt to get iron checked out at all too. If you are concerned about baby moving, drink some ice water and chew the ice a bit. I do it all the time and it gets my baby moving. I am due in 4 weeks!
    LilStar9905

Answer by LilStar9905 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my sil's babies never moved, my boys have been very active, see if it reacts to loud noises, sugary foods, wanting to sleep all the timeis very normal. if i were scared about my unborn;s health i would call and ask for an ultra sound.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i have a doctors appointment tomorrow because i have weekly appointments for now due to low amniotic fluid

I have been putting head phones on my stomach and play my heart pounding for him i recorded and boom he kicks to it sometiems
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• also the fluid is back to normal the last time they checked so thats good
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Its normal to be anxious and constantly be aware of your body and what the baby is or is not doing. I am on my second pregnancy and I am just as bad as I was with the first. Its just your "good mom" instincts. If you have not had any issues up to this point, chances are you will not...but no matter what anyone tells you you will always be worried/concerned. Its natural. My doc says I should feel 10 movements in a 2 hour period...even if they are little. If you are still uncertain it is actually the baby moving you can go to your local hospital maternity ward and they will put you on a monitor to put your mind at ease. Notify your doc that you are not feeling much movement and you are concerned. They willl more than likely schedule and appt. for you to come in sooner.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009