IM GONNA KILL MY DOGS!!!!

ok so our dogs were trained not to bark when in the back yard
and they did good for about a year
then the people next to us got a dog
and now they bark at everything
like the wind could blow and they freak out and start to bark like someone is braking in to our house
we have a pit bull who has a really high pitched bark and then a bassethound
who is really low pitched and both mixed makes me want to rip my hair out
no matter wut we try the bark
99% of the time it makes them barking 10 times worse
does anyone have advice on wut i could do to make them be quite or not bark as much????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pets

• shock collar
    Anonymous

• Buy a muzzle or a shock collar ( I know it sounds cruel) but they don't like the shock feeling and eventually they will learn. If they bark they get "zapped" Hope this helpspuppypuppy

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My friend has a collar for her dog that is "humane". It sprays citronella out when the dog barks and it really REALLY works. Her dog barks until the moment that she pops that collar on him. If he even growls too loud it sprays the citronella, for some reason dogs don't like citronella.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yeah they have bark collars. and i have 2 pitbull mixes that I have shock collars on . Theyre not that bad and a breed like that....they almost don't know theyre there. My femal could care less. Shes the barker . Yeah Im ready to kill mine too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Did you read my mind because about an hour ago I said I might kill the dogs lol. I have a pitbull also and my MIL is visiting and she has a german shepard chow mix and they just keep barking and barking and running around playing and just being noisy and I'm getting tired of it!
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Our male German Sheppard barks all the time. I would say a mozzle or work with them again to train them not to bark. With us I know that our neighbor on both sides of us has male dogs so they bark and then it causes our male to bark. Or when our puppies are getting out of line he will bark at them. Our oldest female she will sit in the back yard and she can see the looks like a malumute in the neighbors behind us, and they will both be sitting there talking to each other. I have been ready to kill mine.
    mellowmomof3tn

Answer by mellowmomof3tn at 7:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Why not just bring them in the house???
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I finaly got mine a bark collar from walmart 2 days ago. It worked wonders, I have only been putting it on him when he wont stop barking when I tell him to. The first time he had it in he barked a few times then figured it out. Today he was barking and I showed it to him, he sat down and stopped.
    3_Gerber_Girls

Answer by 3_Gerber_Girls at 3:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009