What should I buy for my newborn and not buy? I mean I have already stocked up on 800 baby wipes 500 diapers clothes and such. What else should I look into getting before her arrival.

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont buy a bumper, its a waste of money, becuase they dont really move when they are that little and then when they do start to move and u would think you'd need it, it becomes a cuffocation hazard, and is also recommended to not be in the crib
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• go to babies r us they have list of all the things you needs baby towels ....the bath cloths, tubs, i would say go check it out
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Tylenol,gas drops ,teething rings ,bottles 4oz and 8oz ,extra nipples for bottles
    Anonymous

• Don't forget the gas drops and infant tylenol I believe you will do just fine.

Congratulations!congratulationsway to go

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh and pay attention to the kinds of nipples you by some have small holes according to how old the baby is like slow flow, medium and normal just read the label good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm due in a week. I have clothes, a sling, about 20 cloth diapers, cloth wipes, a boppy, a couple pairs of baby legs, some nipple cream and baby wash. That's it. Through 5 kids I've never used gas drops and my youngest is 23 months and has yet to need tylenol but it is nice to have some on hand.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would definitely get a variety of nipples. My first daughter was really picky...she wouldn't latch onto me so I had to pump and feed to get her breast milk and it took me trying a ton of different nipples.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh I did not think about some of this stuff. Thanks for the answers!! Def helped me get a better idea of what to make sure to have.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Baby tylenol, gas drops (baby bliss brand dont get mylicon it stops working after a while), thermometer, 4 oz. and 9 oz. bottles (reccommend avent they do reduce colic), bottle brush, bottle sterilizer, different size nipples like slow, medium, and fast, baby water, blankets, socks in differents sizes, burp cloths, bibs, pacifiers, diaper bag with lots of room and pockets. Lots of hangers, lots of onesies that are short and long sleeves, buy only a few newborn outfits, a little bit of 0-3 months, a lot of 3-6 month outfits(my son is barely turning 2 months on Feb. 18 and he already wears these), Saline drops for stuffy noses( Little Noses brand), humidifier so he can breathe better at night, mittens so they wont scratch their faces.
    Anonymous

• recieving blankets incase he/she likes to be held tight, baby shampoo, Bedtime bath wash ( helps calm them and sleep better), Music toy or teddy with a wind up ( Saved me for 5 months) just turned it on and she went right to sleep. Nail clippers, baby qtips, sheets for the crib or bassinet, sheet saver from babies r us (incase she spits up, you wont have to change the entire sheet just the sheetsaver), bath tub or seat to sit in the tub), bouncy chair, diaper ointment. hamper or pop up hamper for laundry, Diaper pail....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2009