Have you ever worked at a factory ?

If you did, what was it, what did you do and what hours did you work ?

LeJane

Asked by LeJane at 12:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2012 in Money & Work

• Smead Manufacturing making folders. I worked afternoons 3-11 pm and midnights 11 pm - 7 am. Been more than 10 yrs now.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Not in a factory, but I did piecemeal work at home for a factory. I packaged aircraft parts for a small company and fishhooks for someplace else. I sanded fancy wood pencil holders for fifty cents each.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I worked in a robotics factory one summer while in college. I was going to school for electronics with a minor in laser-electro-optics and I learned a lot. I did some soldering.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Worked in a cushion plant .... glued foam cushions together ... HATED it.

My mom has worked as a sewer in that same plant (factory) for over 20 years. She sews the fabric cushions before they are stuffed with feathers.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• Continental Device Corp years ago in some sort of quality control diode plant. It wasn't bad.
    Harry and David packed pears and candy boxes and worked on the rose line

If i ever go back to work again it will be in some sort of factory where I am away from all customer service.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I worked in a factory sewing t-shirts. If I remember correctly , it was 7-4.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2012