what does your 12-24 months baby like to eat? and how much water do they drink

Right now my daughter love to eat rice just rice and few veggie and few meats too
we give her what we eat.

my daughter drink a lot of water and no juice but she does have fruit during the day.

mommytobe24

Asked by mommytobe24 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my toddlers were that age...they ate whatever we ate in appropriate sized portions (roughly 1/4 of an adults portion to start with) We were lucky and they weren't really very picky.

They drank about 8oz of milk with each meal and roughly a total of 16 oz juice/water mix each day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• lots of water, probably 8 oz of juice a day, some days none, occasionally some horizons milk boxes. :) she loves the strawberry!

She loves: cereal w milk, rice, corn, waffles, eggs, cheese omelets, chicken, hungarian gulash, artichokes (she steals my hearts haha), pastas: all kinds with alfredo, four cheese, and red sauces; spaghetti, all kinds of fruits, toast, teddy grahams, earth's best fruit bars, saurbraten (german pot roast), dumplings, potato pancakes (kartoffel puffer)...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my son eats everything that we ate and thats why he has a shrimp allergy now. Anywho he drinks about 32 oz of water a day b/c he loves it alot for some reason and juice a few times a day and when he's eating a snack or something. Milk is a tricky one. He likes milke but with his cereal or maybe cookies but never by itself so that we do is substitute with yogurt, cheese and milk based products. i say the trick is to feed them good stuff but let then think that its bad..lol
    TreasureThis882

Answer by TreasureThis882 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Children between the age of one and two need 16-24 oz of whole milk. Water can be given in between meals or watered down juice but no more than 2oz juice a day.

Continue to offer a variety of healthy foods. She'll eat when she's hungry and if she's on a rice kick there's no real harm as toddlers go through picky phases and won't eat that way for the rest of their lives.

If you're really concerned she's not getting the nutrition she needs, discuss it with your pediatrician. Perhaps you can give her a multi vitamin.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• ok, they don't NEED whole milk. You can find all the same nutrition from food. Humans are the only mammal to drink milk after they have weaned.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son eats what I eat. He loves to eat fruit and veggies, meats not so much or less its dipped in ketchup and actually at the moment hes in the I want a snack every 5 minutes faze. Ugh cant wait until hes outta that faze. He usually drinks 3 cups of milk sometimes 4 a day & juice or water in between that.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Roo drinks about 3-5 cups of water a day, in addition to nursing as often as she wants.
    She eats pretty much whatever we eat...very healthy balanced food. Her favorites right now are waffles and cottage cheese. I make a huge batch of waffles about once a week and put them all in the firdge and then just toast 2 for her when she wants one for breakfast. (Then she steals half my yogurt!)
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009